Homey, the 31 year old male native African Timneh Grey, was brought to us with Lucky, a native African Congo Grey (both open banded) in March 2012. Homey could only come to live with us if we took Lucky as well, so we said 'Of course!' They had belonged to a woman in Long Beach who bred birds with her mother who was in her 90’s.
Homey loves to whistle and swing on his perch. He is a very active and playful and has a fun personality. He sings to the other birds and along with Lucky. He is in healthy condition but is missing some of his head feathers making him look bald. His old mate when he was used as a breeding bird had chewed them off his head and they have only slightly grown back since. Homey was the first Timneh African Grey at TLZPS since 2012 and is currently doing well.
What it means to sponsor a parrot:
• Parrot sponsorships are available in a range of values, from $10 -100, and are set up as a monthly donation.
• A parrot's sponsor may choose (or choose not) to have their name/logo and link to website on their parrot's page. (If you wish to have your photo or your company's logo displayed, please email us your logo and name to display after signing up on PayPal.
• Sponsorship donations are reserved specifically for the sponsored parrot and will cover any expenses that the parrot may incur.
• Sponsorships ensure the parrot lives a comfortable, enriching life- from food to vetrinary fees and future aviary construction.
• Sponsorships are managed through PayPal, a globallly used, secure and safe transaction site.
• Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a 'one-time' donation for a specific parrot click here.
< Back to the Landing Zone Flock