Cricket’s owner had found us through The Living Desert Zoo in Palm Desert. She had been their bird for 30 years. After the owner’s husband died, she felt she wasn’t able to spend enough time with Cricket, and her kids weren’t either, so Cricket came to live here. Cricket sings several songs and makes many funny remarks – her owner had taken her to the senior center for entertainment. She sings “Happy Birthday”, “Old McDonald”, “Hey Hey Baby… wanna be my bird”, and says “I’m a BAD bird… I’m a GOOD bird”, “Exercise, 1, 2, 3, 4”, etc. She is very cheery and likes to visit with the other parrots, saying “good, good”, “hello” and talking to them. Abernethy has even learned phrases from her!
What it means to sponsor a parrot:
• Parrot sponsorships are available in a range of values, from $10 -100, and are set up as a monthly donation.
• A parrot's sponsor may choose (or choose not) to have their name/logo and link to website on their parrot's page. (If you wish to have your photo or your company's logo displayed, please email us your logo and name to display after signing up on PayPal.
• Sponsorship donations are reserved specifically for the sponsored parrot and will cover any expenses that the parrot may incur.
• Sponsorships ensure the parrot lives a comfortable, enriching life- from food to vetrinary fees and future aviary construction.
• Sponsorships are managed through PayPal, a globallly used, secure and safe transaction site.
• Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a 'one-time' donation for a specific parrot click here.
< Back to the Landing Zone Flock