Chad is a very handsome umbrella cockatoo. Chad’s owner was a breeder of birds, and he was the first bird they ever had. He came here in March 2011. His mate had died, and in sympathy for his unhappiness the owner placed him with an older couple who then became worried he might bite their grandchild. He was returned to her with a partially plucked chest, legs, and wing shoulders. We picked him up in Valley Center and brought him home. He screamed a lot when he first arrived, especially at night. He feels he is the male leader of the flock, and announces it as so to every newcomer with much strutting and calling on top of his cage. He prefers males to females, and if you say “jump”, he jumps! And jumps and jumps. He loves to dance and walk with his head sideways to music. He also tells us when it is time to close the blinds every night. If there is ever a noise in the middle of the night, he calls “Mom?” until you check it out.
What it means to sponsor a parrot:
• Parrot sponsorships are available in a range of values, from $10 -100, and are set up as a monthly donation.
• A parrot's sponsor may choose (or choose not) to have their name/logo and link to website on their parrot's page. (If you wish to have your photo or your company's logo displayed, please email us your logo and name to display after signing up on PayPal.
• Sponsorship donations are reserved specifically for the sponsored parrot and will cover any expenses that the parrot may incur.
• Sponsorships ensure the parrot lives a comfortable, enriching life- from food to vetrinary fees and future aviary construction.
• Sponsorships are managed through PayPal, a globallly used, secure and safe transaction site.
• Any questions may be directed to email@example.com.
To make a 'one-time' donation for a specific parrot click here.
< Back the the Landing Zone Flock