Merlin, the umbrella cockatoo, arrived in June 2012. His owner brought him from North Carolina to Georgia in their truck, he then stayed there for a month before traveling by plane on to Palm Springs. Merlin’s owner, who still misses him tremendously, had taken him in from her sister, but Merlin didn’t like her husband -- so either the bird or the husband had to go… He has settled in well with the other cockatoos and likes talking to and showing off for Baby. He says, “I’ll be back”, “I love you”, “Merlie bird”. He likes to play with a blanket but he really wants to play with remote controls.
What it means to sponsor a parrot:
• Parrot sponsorships are available in a range of values, from $10 -100, and are set up as a monthly donation.
• A parrot's sponsor may choose (or choose not) to have their name/logo and link to website on their parrot's page. (If you wish to have your photo or your company's logo displayed, please email us your logo and name to display after signing up on PayPal.
• Sponsorship donations are reserved specifically for the sponsored parrot and will cover any expenses that the parrot may incur.
• Sponsorships ensure the parrot lives a comfortable, enriching life- from food to vetrinary fees and future aviary construction.
• Sponsorships are managed through PayPal, a globallly used, secure and safe transaction site.
• Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a 'one-time' donation for a specific parrot click here.
< Back the the Landing Zone Flock